Everything you want in one easy-to-use legal publication
The only state-authorized reference guide to the government of New Jersey, Fitzgerald’s New Jersey Legislative Manual is the one-stop resource that answers all your questions—the who, what, when, where and how, including how much for specific taxes.
In one volume you’ll get comprehensive, time-saving information that lets you sift through the maze of government personnel and departments. With Fitzgerald's Legislative Manual for the State of New Jersey, you'll find answers quickly and easily. In fact, many owners think of it as having a personal New Jersey government expert on call 24 hours-a-day!
Attorneys and their staffs as well as government officials, lobbyists, bankers, librarians, public relations professionals and thousands of others regularly reach for this efficient reference manual when seeking up-to-date and accurate information on New Jersey government.
A comprehensive index points you directly to the data you’re looking for. Once inside you'll find:
Who's who in New Jersey government
- Legislators Listed both alphabetically and by district, with addresses and phone numbers. You'll get biographies of each member as well as senate and assembly leadership officers.
- The Executive Branch Governor, cabinet members, governor's staff members.
- The Judiciary Terms of all justices and judges; biographies of Supreme Court justices.
- Departments of state government In-depth directory of all state departments and agencies with their officials, including biographies of commissioners and key staff.
- Operational and study commissions A directory of independent agencies that oversee major operations such as casinos, Meadowlands development and Pinelands preservation. Includes commissions that make recommendations to the governor on gun-control laws, business statutes, police salaries, alcohol and drug abuse and other important issues.
- County government officials Clerks, executives, freeholders, department heads and more.
- U.S. government officials Past and present, from the White House to local offices.
- Lobbyists and legislative agents Grouped by subject or interest.
- Media links Quick access to public information officers, legislative correspondents, newspapers and radio and television stations.
How the government works and how much it all costs
- Salaries of public officials
- Operating budgets for each of the 17 departments
- The New Jersey State Constitution and other key documents
- Rules of the senate and the assembly
- Taxes and the revenues they yield
- Calendar and legal holidays
Land, buildings and facilities maintained by the State of New Jersey and other public agencies
- Listings and descriptions of state parks and forests
- Complete descriptions of public agencies, hospitals, military and veterans facilities, entertainment venues, colleges and universities
- Public roads and highway information
An indispensable component of your legal resources library
You’ll get the answers you need quickly and easily with Fitzgerald's Legislative Manual. This is the only comprehensive guide to New Jersey government that puts all this information at your fingertips, 24 hours a day.
Order Fitzgerald’s New Jersey Legislative Manual today
The 2016 edition of the legislative manual is just $77.
2015 editions - limited supply available.
Click here to view the original copy from 1879.
Click here to view the statute making it the official manual of New Jersey’s legislature.
Click here to view the 2004 edition of Fitzgerald’s New Jersey Legislative Manual, in its entirety.
Place your SECURE ORDER now, or call (973) 642-1440 ext. 2.